Aura-search.net is a browser hijacker. Aura-search.net redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Aura Search redirects the browser through Aura-search.net.
Aura-search.net is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Aura Search is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Aura-search.net are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Aura-search.net collects data out of your browser, Aura Search is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Aura Search is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Aura-search.net.
- You notice a new Aura Search toolbar in your browser.
- Aura Search might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Aura Search browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Aura-search.net and the Aura Search browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Aura Search extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Aura Search
Uninstall Aura Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Aura Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Aura Search extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Aura Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Aura Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Aura Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Aura Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Aura Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Aura Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Aura Search Search and Remove Aura Search Search.
Do you still have Aura Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Aura Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Aura Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Aura-search.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Aura-search.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Aura-search.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Aura-search.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Aura-search.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Aura-search.net from your computer and browser.