Cbsearch.site is a browser hijacker. Cbsearch.site redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. CB Search redirects the browser through Cbsearch.site.
Cbsearch.site is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, CB Search is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Cbsearch.site are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Cbsearch.site collects data out of your browser, CB Search is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When CB Search is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Cbsearch.site.
- You notice a new CB Search toolbar in your browser.
- CB Search might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
CB Search browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Cbsearch.site and the CB Search browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the CB Search extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove CB Search
Uninstall CB Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CB Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove CB Search extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall CB Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CB Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the CB Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove CB Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall CB Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove CB Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find CB Search Search and Remove CB Search Search.
Do you still have CB Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select CB Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow CB Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Cbsearch.site with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Cbsearch.site with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Cbsearch.site adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Cbsearch.site with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Cbsearch.site detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Cbsearch.site from your computer and browser.