CharmSearching is a browser hijacker. CharmSearching redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. CharmSearching redirects the browser.
CharmSearching is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, CharmSearching is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by CharmSearching are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because CharmSearching collects data out of your browser, CharmSearching is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When CharmSearching is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to CharmSearching.
- You notice a new CharmSearching toolbar in your browser.
- CharmSearching might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
CharmSearching browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to CharmSearching and the CharmSearching browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the CharmSearching extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall CharmSearching extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CharmSearching” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the CharmSearching extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall CharmSearching extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CharmSearching” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the CharmSearching extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove CharmSearching from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall CharmSearching add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove CharmSearching from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find CharmSearching Search and Remove CharmSearching Search.
Do you still have CharmSearching in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select CharmSearching and click Uninstall.
- Follow CharmSearching uninstall instructions.
Remove CharmSearching with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing CharmSearching with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
CharmSearching adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove CharmSearching with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the CharmSearching detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed CharmSearching from your computer and browser.