ChromeTools is a browser hijacker. ChromeTools redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. ChromeTools redirects the browser.
ChromeTools is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ChromeTools is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by ChromeTools are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because ChromeTools collects data out of your browser, ChromeTools is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ChromeTools is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to ChromeTools .
- You notice a new ChromeTools toolbar in your browser.
- ChromeTools might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ChromeTools browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to ChromeTools and the ChromeTools browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ChromeTools extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ChromeTools extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ChromeTools ” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the ChromeTools extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ChromeTools extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ChromeTools ” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ChromeTools extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ChromeTools from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ChromeTools add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ChromeTools from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ChromeTools Search and Remove ChromeTools Search.
Do you still have ChromeTools in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ChromeTools and click Uninstall.
- Follow ChromeTools uninstall instructions.
Remove ChromeTools with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ChromeTools with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ChromeTools adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ChromeTools with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ChromeTools detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ChromeTools from your computer and browser.