ClickMovieSearch is a browser hijacker. ClickMovieSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. ClickMovieSearch redirects the browser.
ClickMovieSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ClickMovieSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by ClickMovieSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because ClickMovieSearch collects data out of your browser, ClickMovieSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ClickMovieSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to ClickMovieSearch.
- You notice a new ClickMovieSearch toolbar in your browser.
- ClickMovieSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ClickMovieSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to ClickMovieSearch and the ClickMovieSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ClickMovieSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ClickMovieSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ClickMovieSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the ClickMovieSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ClickMovieSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ClickMovieSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ClickMovieSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ClickMovieSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ClickMovieSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ClickMovieSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ClickMovieSearch Search and Remove ClickMovieSearch Search.
Do you still have ClickMovieSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ClickMovieSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow ClickMovieSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove ClickMovieSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ClickMovieSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ClickMovieSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ClickMovieSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ClickMovieSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ClickMovieSearch from your computer and browser.