CometSearch is a browser hijacker. CometSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. CometSearch redirects the browser.
CometSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, CometSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by CometSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because CometSearch collects data out of your browser, CometSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When CometSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to CometSearch.
- You notice a new CometSearch toolbar in your browser.
- CometSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
CometSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to CometSearch and the CometSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the CometSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall CometSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CometSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the CometSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall CometSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CometSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the CometSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove CometSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall CometSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove CometSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find CometSearch Search and Remove CometSearch Search.
Do you still have CometSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select CometSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow CometSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove CometSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing CometSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
CometSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove CometSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the CometSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed CometSearch from your computer and browser.