ConverterSearchNow is a browser hijacker. ConverterSearchNow redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. ConverterSearchNow redirects the browser.
ConverterSearchNow is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ConverterSearchNow is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by ConverterSearchNow are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because ConverterSearchNow collects data out of your browser, ConverterSearchNow is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ConverterSearchNow is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to ConverterSearchNow.
- You notice a new ConverterSearchNow toolbar in your browser.
- ConverterSearchNow might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ConverterSearchNow browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to ConverterSearchNow and the ConverterSearchNow browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ConverterSearchNow extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ConverterSearchNow extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ConverterSearchNow” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the ConverterSearchNow extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ConverterSearchNow extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ConverterSearchNow” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ConverterSearchNow extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ConverterSearchNow from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ConverterSearchNow add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ConverterSearchNow from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ConverterSearchNow Search and Remove ConverterSearchNow Search.
Do you still have ConverterSearchNow in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ConverterSearchNow and click Uninstall.
- Follow ConverterSearchNow uninstall instructions.
Remove ConverterSearchNow with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ConverterSearchNow with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ConverterSearchNow adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ConverterSearchNow with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ConverterSearchNow detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ConverterSearchNow from your computer and browser.