Converterz-Search is a browser hijacker. Converterz-Search redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. Converterz-Search redirects the browser.
Converterz-Search is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Converterz-Search is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Converterz-Search are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Converterz-Search collects data out of your browser, Converterz-Search is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Converterz-Search is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Converterz-Search.
- You notice a new Converterz-Search toolbar in your browser.
- Converterz-Search might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Converterz-Search browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to Converterz-Search and the Converterz-Search browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Converterz-Search extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Converterz-Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Converterz-Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the Converterz-Search extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Converterz-Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Converterz-Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Converterz-Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Converterz-Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Converterz-Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Converterz-Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Converterz-Search Search and Remove Converterz-Search Search.
Do you still have Converterz-Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Converterz-Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Converterz-Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Converterz-Search with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Converterz-Search with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Converterz-Search adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Converterz-Search with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Converterz-Search detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Converterz-Search from your computer and browser.