CoolStreamSearch is a browser hijacker. CoolStreamSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. CoolStreamSearch redirects the browser.
CoolStreamSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, CoolStreamSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by CoolStreamSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because CoolStreamSearch collects data out of your browser, CoolStreamSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When CoolStreamSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to CoolStreamSearch.
- You notice a new CoolStreamSearch toolbar in your browser.
- CoolStreamSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
CoolStreamSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to CoolStreamSearch and the CoolStreamSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the CoolStreamSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall CoolStreamSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CoolStreamSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the CoolStreamSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall CoolStreamSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “CoolStreamSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the CoolStreamSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove CoolStreamSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall CoolStreamSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove CoolStreamSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find CoolStreamSearch Search and Remove CoolStreamSearch Search.
Do you still have CoolStreamSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select CoolStreamSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow CoolStreamSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove CoolStreamSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing CoolStreamSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
CoolStreamSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove CoolStreamSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the CoolStreamSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed CoolStreamSearch from your computer and browser.