Cosa APP+ is a browser hijacker. Cosa APP+ redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. Cosa APP+ redirects the browser.
Cosa APP+ is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Cosa APP+ is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Cosa APP+ are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Cosa APP+ collects data out of your browser, Cosa APP+ is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Cosa APP+ is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Cosa APP+.
- You notice a new Cosa APP+ toolbar in your browser.
- Cosa APP+ might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Cosa APP+ browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to Cosa APP+ and the Cosa APP+ browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Cosa APP+ extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Cosa APP+
Uninstall Cosa APP+ extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cosa APP+” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the Cosa APP+ extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Cosa APP+ extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cosa APP+” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Cosa APP+ extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Cosa APP+ from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Cosa APP+ add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Cosa APP+ from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Cosa APP+ Search and Remove Cosa APP+ Search.
Do you still have Cosa APP+ in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Cosa APP+ and click Uninstall.
- Follow Cosa APP+ uninstall instructions.
Remove Cosa APP+ with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Cosa APP+ with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Cosa APP+ adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Cosa APP+ with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Cosa APP+ detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Cosa APP+ from your computer and browser.