Cozysearch.com is a browser hijacker. Cozysearch.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Cozysearch redirects the browser through Cozysearch.com.
Cozysearch.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Cozysearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Cozysearch.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Cozysearch.com collects data out of your browser, Cozysearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Cozysearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Cozysearch.com.
- You notice a new Cozysearch toolbar in your browser.
- Cozysearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Cozysearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Cozysearch.com and the Cozysearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Cozysearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Cozysearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cozysearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Cozysearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Cozysearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Cozysearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Cozysearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Cozysearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Cozysearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Cozysearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Cozysearch Search and Remove Cozysearch Search.
Do you still have Cozysearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Cozysearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow Cozysearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Cozysearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Cozysearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Cozysearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Cozysearch.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Cozysearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Cozysearch.com from your computer and browser.