Customsearch.info is a browser hijacker. Customsearch.info redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Custom Search redirects the browser through find.Customsearch.info
Customsearch.info is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Custom Search is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Customsearch.info are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Customsearch.info collects data out of your browser, Custom Search is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Custom Search is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Customsearch.info.
- You notice a new Custom Search toolbar in your browser.
- Custom Search might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Custom Search browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Customsearch.info and the Custom Search browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Custom Search extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Custom Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Custom Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Custom Search extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Custom Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Custom Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Custom Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Custom Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Custom Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Custom Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Custom Search Search and Remove Custom Search Search.
Do you still have Custom Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Custom Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Custom Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Customsearch.info with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Customsearch.info with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Customsearch.info adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Customsearch.info with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Customsearch.info detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Customsearch.info from your computer and browser.