DecentSurf is a browser hijacker. DecentSurf redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. DecentSurf redirects the browser.
DecentSurf is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, DecentSurf is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by DecentSurf are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because DecentSurf collects data out of your browser, DecentSurf is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When DecentSurf is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to DecentSurf.
- You notice a new DecentSurf toolbar in your browser.
- DecentSurf might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
DecentSurf browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to DecentSurf and the DecentSurf browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the DecentSurf extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall DecentSurf extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “DecentSurf” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the DecentSurf extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall DecentSurf extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “DecentSurf” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the DecentSurf extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove DecentSurf from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall DecentSurf add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove DecentSurf from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find DecentSurf Search and Remove DecentSurf Search.
Do you still have DecentSurf in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select DecentSurf and click Uninstall.
- Follow DecentSurf uninstall instructions.
Remove DecentSurf with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing DecentSurf with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
DecentSurf adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove DecentSurf with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the DecentSurf detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed DecentSurf from your computer and browser.