EXtSearchs is a browser hijacker. EXtSearchs redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. EXtSearchs redirects the browser.
EXtSearchs is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, EXtSearchs is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by EXtSearchs are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because EXtSearchs collects data out of your browser, EXtSearchs is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When EXtSearchs is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to EXtSearchs.
- You notice a new EXtSearchs toolbar in your browser.
- EXtSearchs might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
EXtSearchs browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to EXtSearchs and the EXtSearchs browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the EXtSearchs extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall EXtSearchs extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “EXtSearchs” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the EXtSearchs extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall EXtSearchs extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “EXtSearchs” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the EXtSearchs extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove EXtSearchs from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall EXtSearchs add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove EXtSearchs from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find EXtSearchs Search and Remove EXtSearchs Search.
Do you still have EXtSearchs in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select EXtSearchs and click Uninstall.
- Follow EXtSearchs uninstall instructions.
Remove EXtSearchs with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing EXtSearchs with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
EXtSearchs adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove EXtSearchs with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the EXtSearchs detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed EXtSearchs from your computer and browser.