Featuredlistings.ca is a browser hijacker. Featuredlistings.ca redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Featured Listings redirects the browser through Featuredlistings.ca.
Featuredlistings.ca is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Featured Listings is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Featuredlistings.ca are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Featuredlistings.ca collects data out of your browser, Featured Listings is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Featured Listings is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Featuredlistings.ca.
- You notice a new Featured Listings toolbar in your browser.
- Featured Listings might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Featured Listings browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Featuredlistings.ca and the Featured Listings browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Featured Listings extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Featured Listings
Uninstall Featured Listings extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Featured Listings” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Featured Listings extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Featured Listings extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Featured Listings” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Featured Listings extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Featured Listings from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Featured Listings add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Featured Listings from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Featured Listings Search and Remove Featured Listings Search.
Do you still have Featured Listings in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Featured Listings and click Uninstall.
- Follow Featured Listings uninstall instructions.
Remove Featuredlistings.ca with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Featuredlistings.ca with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Featuredlistings.ca adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Featuredlistings.ca with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Featuredlistings.ca detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Featuredlistings.ca from your computer and browser.