Find.linkdefault.com is a browser hijacker. Find.linkdefault.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Link Default redirects the browser through Find.linkdefault.com.
Find.linkdefault.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Link Default is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Find.linkdefault.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Find.linkdefault.com collects data out of your browser, Link Default is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Link Default is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Find.linkdefault.com.
- You notice a new Link Default toolbar in your browser.
- Link Default might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Link Default browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Find.linkdefault.com and the Link Default browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Link Default extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Link Default adware
Uninstall Link Default extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Link Default” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Link Default extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Link Default extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Link Default” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Link Default extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Link Default from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Link Default add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Link Default from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Link Default Search and Remove Link Default Search.
Do you still have Link Default in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Link Default and click Uninstall.
- Follow Link Default uninstall instructions.
Remove Find.linkdefault.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Find.linkdefault.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Find.linkdefault.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Find.linkdefault.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Find.linkdefault.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Find.linkdefault.com from your computer and browser.