Flaresearch.net is a browser hijacker. Flaresearch.net browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Flaresearch.net is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Flaresearch.net is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Flaresearch.net collects data from your browser, Flaresearch.net is also classified as an adware program (virus).
Flare Search browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Flaresearch.net and the Flare Search browser extension has been installed, remove the Flare Search extension as soon as possible using this Flare Search removal instruction.
Remove Flare Search
Uninstall Flare Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Flare Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Flare Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Flare Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Flare Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Flare Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Flare Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Flare Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Flare Search Search and Remove Flare Search Search.
Do you still have Flare Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Flare Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow Flare Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Flaresearch.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Flaresearch.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Flaresearch.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Flaresearch.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Flaresearch.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Flaresearch.net from your computer and browser.