FreeConverterSearch is a browser hijacker. FreeConverterSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. FreeConverterSearch redirects the browser.
FreeConverterSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, FreeConverterSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by FreeConverterSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because FreeConverterSearch collects data out of your browser, FreeConverterSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When FreeConverterSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to FreeConverterSearch.
- You notice a new FreeConverterSearch toolbar in your browser.
- FreeConverterSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
FreeConverterSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to FreeConverterSearch and the FreeConverterSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the FreeConverterSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall FreeConverterSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreeConverterSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the FreeConverterSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall FreeConverterSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “FreeConverterSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the FreeConverterSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove FreeConverterSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall FreeConverterSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove FreeConverterSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find FreeConverterSearch Search and Remove FreeConverterSearch Search.
Do you still have FreeConverterSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select FreeConverterSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow FreeConverterSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove FreeConverterSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing FreeConverterSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
FreeConverterSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove FreeConverterSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the FreeConverterSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed FreeConverterSearch from your computer and browser.