GameSearcher is a browser hijacker. GameSearcher redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GameSearcher redirects the browser.
GameSearcher is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GameSearcher is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GameSearcher are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GameSearcher collects data out of your browser, GameSearcher is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GameSearcher is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GameSearcher.
- You notice a new GameSearcher toolbar in your browser.
- GameSearcher might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GameSearcher browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GameSearcher and the GameSearcher browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GameSearcher extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GameSearcher extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GameSearcher” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GameSearcher extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GameSearcher extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GameSearcher” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GameSearcher extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GameSearcher from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GameSearcher add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GameSearcher from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GameSearcher Search and Remove GameSearcher Search.
Do you still have GameSearcher in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GameSearcher and click Uninstall.
- Follow GameSearcher uninstall instructions.
Remove GameSearcher with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GameSearcher with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GameSearcher adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GameSearcher with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GameSearcher detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GameSearcher from your computer and browser.