GameSearchMedia is a browser hijacker. GameSearchMedia redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GameSearchMedia redirects the browser.
GameSearchMedia is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GameSearchMedia is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GameSearchMedia are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GameSearchMedia collects data out of your browser, GameSearchMedia is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GameSearchMedia is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GameSearchMedia.
- You notice a new GameSearchMedia toolbar in your browser.
- GameSearchMedia might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GameSearchMedia browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GameSearchMedia and the GameSearchMedia browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GameSearchMedia extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GameSearchMedia extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GameSearchMedia” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GameSearchMedia extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GameSearchMedia extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GameSearchMedia” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GameSearchMedia extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GameSearchMedia from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GameSearchMedia add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GameSearchMedia from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GameSearchMedia Search and Remove GameSearchMedia Search.
Do you still have GameSearchMedia in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GameSearchMedia and click Uninstall.
- Follow GameSearchMedia uninstall instructions.
Remove GameSearchMedia with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GameSearchMedia with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GameSearchMedia adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GameSearchMedia with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GameSearchMedia detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GameSearchMedia from your computer and browser.