GetIncognitoSearch is a browser hijacker. GetIncognitoSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GetIncognitoSearch redirects the browser.
GetIncognitoSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GetIncognitoSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GetIncognitoSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GetIncognitoSearch collects data out of your browser, GetIncognitoSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GetIncognitoSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GetIncognitoSearch.
- You notice a new GetIncognitoSearch toolbar in your browser.
- GetIncognitoSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GetIncognitoSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GetIncognitoSearch and the GetIncognitoSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GetIncognitoSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GetIncognitoSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetIncognitoSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GetIncognitoSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GetIncognitoSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetIncognitoSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GetIncognitoSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GetIncognitoSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GetIncognitoSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GetIncognitoSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GetIncognitoSearch Search and Remove GetIncognitoSearch Search.
Do you still have GetIncognitoSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GetIncognitoSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow GetIncognitoSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove GetIncognitoSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GetIncognitoSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GetIncognitoSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GetIncognitoSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GetIncognitoSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GetIncognitoSearch from your computer and browser.