GetSearchConverter is a browser hijacker. GetSearchConverter redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GetSearchConverter redirects the browser.
GetSearchConverter is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GetSearchConverter is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GetSearchConverter are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GetSearchConverter collects data out of your browser, GetSearchConverter is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GetSearchConverter is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GetSearchConverter.
- You notice a new GetSearchConverter toolbar in your browser.
- GetSearchConverter might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GetSearchConverter browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GetSearchConverter and the GetSearchConverter browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GetSearchConverter extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GetSearchConverter extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetSearchConverter” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GetSearchConverter extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GetSearchConverter extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetSearchConverter” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GetSearchConverter extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GetSearchConverter from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GetSearchConverter add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GetSearchConverter from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GetSearchConverter Search and Remove GetSearchConverter Search.
Do you still have GetSearchConverter in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GetSearchConverter and click Uninstall.
- Follow GetSearchConverter uninstall instructions.
Remove GetSearchConverter with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GetSearchConverter with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GetSearchConverter adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GetSearchConverter with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GetSearchConverter detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GetSearchConverter from your computer and browser.