GetVideoSearch is a browser hijacker. GetVideoSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GetVideoSearch redirects the browser.
GetVideoSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GetVideoSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GetVideoSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GetVideoSearch collects data out of your browser, GetVideoSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GetVideoSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GetVideoSearch.
- You notice a new GetVideoSearch toolbar in your browser.
- GetVideoSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GetVideoSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GetVideoSearch and the GetVideoSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GetVideoSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GetVideoSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetVideoSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GetVideoSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GetVideoSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GetVideoSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GetVideoSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GetVideoSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GetVideoSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GetVideoSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GetVideoSearch Search and Remove GetVideoSearch Search.
Do you still have GetVideoSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GetVideoSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow GetVideoSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove GetVideoSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GetVideoSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GetVideoSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GetVideoSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GetVideoSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GetVideoSearch from your computer and browser.