Ghost-search.com is a browser hijacker. Ghost-search.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Ghost-search.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Ghost-search.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Ghost-search.com collects data from your browser, Ghost-search.com is also classified as an adware program (virus).
GhostSearch browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Ghost-search.com and the GhostSearch browser extension has been installed, remove the GhostSearch extension as soon as possible using this GhostSearch removal instruction.
Uninstall GhostSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GhostSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall GhostSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GhostSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GhostSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GhostSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GhostSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GhostSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GhostSearch Search and Remove GhostSearch Search.
Do you still have GhostSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GhostSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow GhostSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Ghost-search.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Ghost-search.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Ghost-search.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Ghost-search.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Ghost-search.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Ghost-search.com from your computer and browser.