GillCom is a browser hijacker. GillCom redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GillCom redirects the browser.
GillCom is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GillCom is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GillCom are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GillCom collects data out of your browser, GillCom is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GillCom is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GillCom.
- You notice a new GillCom toolbar in your browser.
- GillCom might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GillCom browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GillCom and the GillCom browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GillCom extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GillCom extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GillCom” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GillCom extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GillCom extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GillCom” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GillCom extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GillCom from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GillCom add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GillCom from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GillCom Search and Remove GillCom Search.
Do you still have GillCom in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GillCom and click Uninstall.
- Follow GillCom uninstall instructions.
Remove GillCom with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GillCom with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GillCom adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GillCom with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GillCom detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GillCom from your computer and browser.