GlobalSearchConverter is a browser hijacker. GlobalSearchConverter redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. GlobalSearchConverter redirects the browser.
GlobalSearchConverter is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, GlobalSearchConverter is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by GlobalSearchConverter are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because GlobalSearchConverter collects data out of your browser, GlobalSearchConverter is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When GlobalSearchConverter is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to GlobalSearchConverter.
- You notice a new GlobalSearchConverter toolbar in your browser.
- GlobalSearchConverter might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
GlobalSearchConverter browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to GlobalSearchConverter and the GlobalSearchConverter browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the GlobalSearchConverter extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall GlobalSearchConverter extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GlobalSearchConverter” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the GlobalSearchConverter extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall GlobalSearchConverter extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “GlobalSearchConverter” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the GlobalSearchConverter extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove GlobalSearchConverter from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall GlobalSearchConverter add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove GlobalSearchConverter from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find GlobalSearchConverter Search and Remove GlobalSearchConverter Search.
Do you still have GlobalSearchConverter in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select GlobalSearchConverter and click Uninstall.
- Follow GlobalSearchConverter uninstall instructions.
Remove GlobalSearchConverter with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing GlobalSearchConverter with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
GlobalSearchConverter adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove GlobalSearchConverter with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the GlobalSearchConverter detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed GlobalSearchConverter from your computer and browser.