History Zapper is a browser hijacker. History Zapper redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. History Zapper redirects the browser.
History Zapper is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, History Zapper is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by History Zapper are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because History Zapper collects data out of your browser, History Zapper is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When History Zapper is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to History Zapper.
- You notice a new History Zapper toolbar in your browser.
- History Zapper might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
History Zapper browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to History Zapper and the History Zapper browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the History Zapper extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove History Zapper
Uninstall History Zapper extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “History Zapper” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the History Zapper extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall History Zapper extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “History Zapper” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the History Zapper extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove History Zapper from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall History Zapper add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove History Zapper from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find History Zapper Search and Remove History Zapper Search.
Do you still have History Zapper in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select History Zapper and click Uninstall.
- Follow History Zapper uninstall instructions.
Remove History Zapper with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing History Zapper with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
History Zapper adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove History Zapper with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the History Zapper detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed History Zapper from your computer and browser.