HomeHelpGuide is a browser hijacker. HomeHelpGuide redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. HomeHelpGuide redirects the browser.
HomeHelpGuide is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, HomeHelpGuide is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by HomeHelpGuide are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because HomeHelpGuide collects data out of your browser, HomeHelpGuide is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When HomeHelpGuide is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to HomeHelpGuide.
- You notice a new HomeHelpGuide toolbar in your browser.
- HomeHelpGuide might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
HomeHelpGuide browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to HomeHelpGuide and the HomeHelpGuide browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the HomeHelpGuide extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “HomeHelpGuide” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the HomeHelpGuide extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “HomeHelpGuide” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the HomeHelpGuide extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove HomeHelpGuide from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall HomeHelpGuide add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove HomeHelpGuide from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find HomeHelpGuide Search and Remove HomeHelpGuide Search.
Do you still have HomeHelpGuide in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select HomeHelpGuide and click Uninstall.
- Follow HomeHelpGuide uninstall instructions.
Remove HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
HomeHelpGuide adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove HomeHelpGuide with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the HomeHelpGuide detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed HomeHelpGuide from your computer and browser.