Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co is a browser hijacker. Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. My Learning Buddy redirects the browser through Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co.
Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, My Learning Buddy is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co collects data out of your browser, My Learning Buddy is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When My Learning Buddy is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co.
- You notice a new My Learning Buddy toolbar in your browser.
- My Learning Buddy might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
My Learning Buddy browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co and the My Learning Buddy browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the My Learning Buddy extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove My Learning Buddy
Uninstall My Learning Buddy extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My Learning Buddy” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove My Learning Buddy extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall My Learning Buddy extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My Learning Buddy” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the My Learning Buddy extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove My Learning Buddy from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall My Learning Buddy add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove My Learning Buddy from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find My Learning Buddy Search and Remove My Learning Buddy Search.
Do you still have My Learning Buddy in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select My Learning Buddy and click Uninstall.
- Follow My Learning Buddy uninstall instructions.
Remove Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Hp.hmylearningbuddy.co from your computer and browser.