IncognitoSearcher is a browser hijacker. IncognitoSearcher redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. IncognitoSearcher redirects the browser.
IncognitoSearcher is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, IncognitoSearcher is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by IncognitoSearcher are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because IncognitoSearcher collects data out of your browser, IncognitoSearcher is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When IncognitoSearcher is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to IncognitoSearcher.
- You notice a new IncognitoSearcher toolbar in your browser.
- IncognitoSearcher might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
IncognitoSearcher browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to IncognitoSearcher and the IncognitoSearcher browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the IncognitoSearcher extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall IncognitoSearcher extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “IncognitoSearcher” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the IncognitoSearcher extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall IncognitoSearcher extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “IncognitoSearcher” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the IncognitoSearcher extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove IncognitoSearcher from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall IncognitoSearcher add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove IncognitoSearcher from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find IncognitoSearcher Search and Remove IncognitoSearcher Search.
Do you still have IncognitoSearcher in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select IncognitoSearcher and click Uninstall.
- Follow IncognitoSearcher uninstall instructions.
Remove IncognitoSearcher with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing IncognitoSearcher with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
IncognitoSearcher adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove IncognitoSearcher with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the IncognitoSearcher detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed IncognitoSearcher from your computer and browser.