IncognitoSearchHome is a browser hijacker. IncognitoSearchHome redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. IncognitoSearchHome redirects the browser.
IncognitoSearchHome is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, IncognitoSearchHome is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by IncognitoSearchHome are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because IncognitoSearchHome collects data out of your browser, IncognitoSearchHome is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When IncognitoSearchHome is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to IncognitoSearchHome.
- You notice a new IncognitoSearchHome toolbar in your browser.
- IncognitoSearchHome might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
IncognitoSearchHome browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to IncognitoSearchHome and the IncognitoSearchHome browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the IncognitoSearchHome extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall IncognitoSearchHome extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “IncognitoSearchHome” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the IncognitoSearchHome extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall IncognitoSearchHome extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “IncognitoSearchHome” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the IncognitoSearchHome extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove IncognitoSearchHome from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall IncognitoSearchHome add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove IncognitoSearchHome from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find IncognitoSearchHome Search and Remove IncognitoSearchHome Search.
Do you still have IncognitoSearchHome in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select IncognitoSearchHome and click Uninstall.
- Follow IncognitoSearchHome uninstall instructions.
Remove IncognitoSearchHome with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing IncognitoSearchHome with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
IncognitoSearchHome adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove IncognitoSearchHome with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the IncognitoSearchHome detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed IncognitoSearchHome from your computer and browser.