MovieBoxSearch is a browser hijacker. MovieBoxSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. MovieBoxSearch redirects the browser.
MovieBoxSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MovieBoxSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MovieBoxSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MovieBoxSearch collects data out of your browser, MovieBoxSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MovieBoxSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MovieBoxSearch.
- You notice a new MovieBoxSearch toolbar in your browser.
- MovieBoxSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MovieBoxSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to MovieBoxSearch and the MovieBoxSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MovieBoxSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MovieBoxSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MovieBoxSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the MovieBoxSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MovieBoxSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MovieBoxSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MovieBoxSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MovieBoxSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MovieBoxSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MovieBoxSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MovieBoxSearch Search and Remove MovieBoxSearch Search.
Do you still have MovieBoxSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MovieBoxSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow MovieBoxSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove MovieBoxSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MovieBoxSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MovieBoxSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MovieBoxSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MovieBoxSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MovieBoxSearch from your computer and browser.