Movies-searcher.com is a browser hijacker. Movies-searcher.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Movies Searcher redirects the browser through feed.movies-searcher.
Movies-searcher.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Movies Searcher is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Movies-searcher.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Movies-searcher.com collects data out of your browser, Movies Searcher is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Movies Searcher is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Movies-searcher.com.
- You notice a new Movies Searcher toolbar in your browser.
- Movies Searcher might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Movies Searcher browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Movies-searcher.com and the Movies Searcher browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Movies Searcher extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Movies Searcher
Uninstall Movies Searcher extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Movies Searcher” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Movies Searcher extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Movies Searcher extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Movies Searcher” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Movies Searcher extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Movies Searcher from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Movies Searcher add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Movies Searcher from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Movies Searcher Search and Remove Movies Searcher Search.
Do you still have Movies Searcher in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Movies Searcher and click Uninstall.
- Follow Movies Searcher uninstall instructions.
Remove Movies-searcher.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Movies-searcher.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Movies-searcher.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Movies-searcher.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Movies-searcher.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Movies-searcher.com from your computer and browser.