Mybrowser-search.com is a browser hijacker. Mybrowser-search.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. MyBrowser Search redirects the browser through Mybrowser-search.com.
Mybrowser-search.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MyBrowser Search is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Mybrowser-search.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Mybrowser-search.com collects data out of your browser, MyBrowser Search is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MyBrowser Search is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Mybrowser-search.com.
- You notice a new MyBrowser Search toolbar in your browser.
- MyBrowser Search might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MyBrowser Search browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Mybrowser-search.com and the MyBrowser Search browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MyBrowser Search extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove MyBrowser Search
Uninstall MyBrowser Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyBrowser Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove MyBrowser Search extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MyBrowser Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyBrowser Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MyBrowser Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MyBrowser Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MyBrowser Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MyBrowser Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MyBrowser Search Search and Remove MyBrowser Search Search.
Do you still have MyBrowser Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MyBrowser Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow MyBrowser Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Mybrowser-search.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Mybrowser-search.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Mybrowser-search.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Mybrowser-search.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Mybrowser-search.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Mybrowser-search.com from your computer and browser.