MyChristianPortal is a browser hijacker. MyChristianPortal redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. MyChristianPortal redirects the browser.
MyChristianPortal is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MyChristianPortal is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MyChristianPortal are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MyChristianPortal collects data out of your browser, MyChristianPortal is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MyChristianPortal is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MyChristianPortal.
- You notice a new MyChristianPortal toolbar in your browser.
- MyChristianPortal might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MyChristianPortal browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to MyChristianPortal and the MyChristianPortal browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MyChristianPortal extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MyChristianPortal extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyChristianPortal” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the MyChristianPortal extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MyChristianPortal extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyChristianPortal” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MyChristianPortal extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MyChristianPortal from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MyChristianPortal add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MyChristianPortal from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MyChristianPortal Search and Remove MyChristianPortal Search.
Do you still have MyChristianPortal in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MyChristianPortal and click Uninstall.
- Follow MyChristianPortal uninstall instructions.
Remove MyChristianPortal with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MyChristianPortal with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MyChristianPortal adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MyChristianPortal with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MyChristianPortal detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MyChristianPortal from your computer and browser.