MyConverterSearch is a browser hijacker. MyConverterSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. MyConverterSearch redirects the browser.
MyConverterSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MyConverterSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MyConverterSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MyConverterSearch collects data out of your browser, MyConverterSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MyConverterSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MyConverterSearch.
- You notice a new MyConverterSearch toolbar in your browser.
- MyConverterSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MyConverterSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to MyConverterSearch and the MyConverterSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MyConverterSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MyConverterSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyConverterSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the MyConverterSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MyConverterSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyConverterSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MyConverterSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MyConverterSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MyConverterSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MyConverterSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MyConverterSearch Search and Remove MyConverterSearch Search.
Do you still have MyConverterSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MyConverterSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow MyConverterSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove MyConverterSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MyConverterSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MyConverterSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MyConverterSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MyConverterSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MyConverterSearch from your computer and browser.