Mydosearch is a browser hijacker. Mydosearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. Mydosearch redirects the browser.
Mydosearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Mydosearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Mydosearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Mydosearch collects data out of your browser, Mydosearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Mydosearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Mydosearch.
- You notice a new Mydosearch toolbar in your browser.
- Mydosearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Mydosearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to Mydosearch and the Mydosearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Mydosearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Mydosearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Mydosearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the Mydosearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Mydosearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Mydosearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Mydosearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Mydosearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Mydosearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Mydosearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Mydosearch Search and Remove Mydosearch Search.
Do you still have Mydosearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Mydosearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow Mydosearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Mydosearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Mydosearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Mydosearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Mydosearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Mydosearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Mydosearch from your computer and browser.