MyPDFSearch is a browser hijacker. MyPDFSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. MyPDFSearch redirects the browser.
MyPDFSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MyPDFSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MyPDFSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MyPDFSearch collects data out of your browser, MyPDFSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MyPDFSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MyPDFSearch.
- You notice a new MyPDFSearch toolbar in your browser.
- MyPDFSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MyPDFSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to MyPDFSearch and the MyPDFSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MyPDFSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MyPDFSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyPDFSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the MyPDFSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MyPDFSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyPDFSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MyPDFSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MyPDFSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MyPDFSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MyPDFSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MyPDFSearch Search and Remove MyPDFSearch Search.
Do you still have MyPDFSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MyPDFSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow MyPDFSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove MyPDFSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MyPDFSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MyPDFSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MyPDFSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MyPDFSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MyPDFSearch from your computer and browser.