Mysearch-app.xyz is a malicious browser hijacker. Mysearch-app.xyz browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Mysearch-app.xyz is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Mysearch-app.xyz is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Mysearch-app.xyz collects data from your browser, Mysearch-app.xyz is also classified as an adware program (virus).
MySearch Search browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Mysearch-app.xyz and the MySearch Search browser extension has been installed, remove the MySearch Search extension as soon as possible using this MySearch Search removal instruction.
Remove MySearch Search
Uninstall MySearch Search extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MySearch Search” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall MySearch Search extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MySearch Search” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MySearch Search extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MySearch Search from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MySearch Search add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MySearch Search from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MySearch Search Search and Remove MySearch Search Search.
Do you still have MySearch Search in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MySearch Search and click Uninstall.
- Follow MySearch Search uninstall instructions.
Remove Mysearch-app.xyz with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Mysearch-app.xyz with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Mysearch-app.xyz adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Mysearch-app.xyz with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Mysearch-app.xyz detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Mysearch-app.xyz from your computer and browser.