MySearchConverter is a browser hijacker. MySearchConverter redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. MySearchConverter redirects the browser.
MySearchConverter is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MySearchConverter is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MySearchConverter are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MySearchConverter collects data out of your browser, MySearchConverter is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MySearchConverter is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MySearchConverter.
- You notice a new MySearchConverter toolbar in your browser.
- MySearchConverter might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MySearchConverter browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to MySearchConverter and the MySearchConverter browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MySearchConverter extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MySearchConverter extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MySearchConverter” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the MySearchConverter extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MySearchConverter extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MySearchConverter” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MySearchConverter extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MySearchConverter from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MySearchConverter add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MySearchConverter from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MySearchConverter Search and Remove MySearchConverter Search.
Do you still have MySearchConverter in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MySearchConverter and click Uninstall.
- Follow MySearchConverter uninstall instructions.
Remove MySearchConverter with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MySearchConverter with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MySearchConverter adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MySearchConverter with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MySearchConverter detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MySearchConverter from your computer and browser.