MyWeatherFree.com is a browser hijacker. MyWeatherFree.com redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. MyWeatherFree redirects the browser through search.MyWeatherFree.com.
MyWeatherFree.com is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, MyWeatherFree is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by MyWeatherFree.com are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because MyWeatherFree.com collects data out of your browser, MyWeatherFree is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When MyWeatherFree is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to MyWeatherFree.com.
- You notice a new MyWeatherFree toolbar in your browser.
- MyWeatherFree might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
MyWeatherFree browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to MyWeatherFree.com and the MyWeatherFree browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the MyWeatherFree extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall MyWeatherFree extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyWeatherFree” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove MyWeatherFree extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall MyWeatherFree extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “MyWeatherFree” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the MyWeatherFree extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove MyWeatherFree from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall MyWeatherFree add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove MyWeatherFree from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find MyWeatherFree Search and Remove MyWeatherFree Search.
Do you still have MyWeatherFree in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select MyWeatherFree and click Uninstall.
- Follow MyWeatherFree uninstall instructions.
Remove MyWeatherFree.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing MyWeatherFree.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
MyWeatherFree.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove MyWeatherFree.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the MyWeatherFree.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed MyWeatherFree.com from your computer and browser.