OnlineStreamSearch is a browser hijacker. OnlineStreamSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. OnlineStreamSearch redirects the browser.
OnlineStreamSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, OnlineStreamSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by OnlineStreamSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because OnlineStreamSearch collects data out of your browser, OnlineStreamSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When OnlineStreamSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to OnlineStreamSearch.
- You notice a new OnlineStreamSearch toolbar in your browser.
- OnlineStreamSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
OnlineStreamSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to OnlineStreamSearch and the OnlineStreamSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the OnlineStreamSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall OnlineStreamSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “OnlineStreamSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the OnlineStreamSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall OnlineStreamSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “OnlineStreamSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the OnlineStreamSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove OnlineStreamSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall OnlineStreamSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove OnlineStreamSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find OnlineStreamSearch Search and Remove OnlineStreamSearch Search.
Do you still have OnlineStreamSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select OnlineStreamSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow OnlineStreamSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove OnlineStreamSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing OnlineStreamSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
OnlineStreamSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove OnlineStreamSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the OnlineStreamSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed OnlineStreamSearch from your computer and browser.