OurConverterSearch is a browser hijacker. OurConverterSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. OurConverterSearch redirects the browser.
OurConverterSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, OurConverterSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by OurConverterSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because OurConverterSearch collects data out of your browser, OurConverterSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When OurConverterSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to OurConverterSearch.
- You notice a new OurConverterSearch toolbar in your browser.
- OurConverterSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
OurConverterSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to OurConverterSearch and the OurConverterSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the OurConverterSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall OurConverterSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “OurConverterSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the OurConverterSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall OurConverterSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “OurConverterSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the OurConverterSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove OurConverterSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall OurConverterSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove OurConverterSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find OurConverterSearch Search and Remove OurConverterSearch Search.
Do you still have OurConverterSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select OurConverterSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow OurConverterSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove OurConverterSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing OurConverterSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
OurConverterSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove OurConverterSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the OurConverterSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed OurConverterSearch from your computer and browser.