Packagetrackingtab.com is a new tab browser hijacker. Packagetrackingtab.com browser hijacker configures the default web browser’s new tab to Packagetrackingtab.com and redirects the browser’s homepage to Packagetrackingtab.com/homepage/.
Packagetrackingtab.com is commonly offered as a browser extension to enhance the browser with features to tracking a package online. However, in reality, the Package Tracker tab is a misleading browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The browsing data obtained by Packagetrackingtab.com is used for advertising purposes. The web browser data is sold to advertising networks. Because Packagetrackingtab.com collects computer data from your browser, Packagetrackingtab.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Package Tracking Tab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome. However, it might also become available for other major web browsers. None of the browser developers yet notices the Package Tracker tab as a potentially unwanted program.
If your homepage has changed to Packagetrackingtab.com and the Package Tracking Tab browser extension has been installed on your new tab page, remove the Package Tracking Tab extension as soon as possible.
You can use the removal instructions as described in this instruction to get rid of Packagetrackingtab.com hijacker and the Package Tracker Tab browser extension.
Remove Package Tracking Tab
Uninstall Package Tracking Tab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Package Tracking Tab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Package Tracking Tab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Package Tracking Tab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Package Tracking Tab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Package Tracking Tab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Package Tracking Tab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Package Tracking Tab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Package Tracking Tab Search and Remove Package Tracking Tab Search.
Do you still have Package Tracking Tab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Package Tracking Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow Package Tracking Tab uninstall instructions.
Remove Packagetrackingtab.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Packagetrackingtab.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Packagetrackingtab.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Packagetrackingtab.com with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Packagetrackingtab.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Packagetrackingtab.com from your computer and browser.