PDFSearchApps is a browser hijacker. PDFSearchApps redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. PDFSearchApps redirects the browser.
PDFSearchApps is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, PDFSearchApps is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by PDFSearchApps are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because PDFSearchApps collects data out of your browser, PDFSearchApps is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When PDFSearchApps is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to PDFSearchApps.
- You notice a new PDFSearchApps toolbar in your browser.
- PDFSearchApps might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
PDFSearchApps browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to PDFSearchApps and the PDFSearchApps browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the PDFSearchApps extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall PDFSearchApps extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “PDFSearchApps” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the PDFSearchApps extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall PDFSearchApps extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “PDFSearchApps” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the PDFSearchApps extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove PDFSearchApps from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall PDFSearchApps add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove PDFSearchApps from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find PDFSearchApps Search and Remove PDFSearchApps Search.
Do you still have PDFSearchApps in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select PDFSearchApps and click Uninstall.
- Follow PDFSearchApps uninstall instructions.
Remove PDFSearchApps with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing PDFSearchApps with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
PDFSearchApps adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove PDFSearchApps with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the PDFSearchApps detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed PDFSearchApps from your computer and browser.