PDFSearchHQ is a browser hijacker. PDFSearchHQ redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. PDFSearchHQ redirects the browser.
PDFSearchHQ is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, PDFSearchHQ is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by PDFSearchHQ are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because PDFSearchHQ collects data out of your browser, PDFSearchHQ is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When PDFSearchHQ is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to PDFSearchHQ.
- You notice a new PDFSearchHQ toolbar in your browser.
- PDFSearchHQ might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
PDFSearchHQ browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to PDFSearchHQ and the PDFSearchHQ browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the PDFSearchHQ extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall PDFSearchHQ extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “PDFSearchHQ” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the PDFSearchHQ extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall PDFSearchHQ extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “PDFSearchHQ” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the PDFSearchHQ extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove PDFSearchHQ from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall PDFSearchHQ add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove PDFSearchHQ from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find PDFSearchHQ Search and Remove PDFSearchHQ Search.
Do you still have PDFSearchHQ in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select PDFSearchHQ and click Uninstall.
- Follow PDFSearchHQ uninstall instructions.
Remove PDFSearchHQ with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing PDFSearchHQ with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
PDFSearchHQ adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove PDFSearchHQ with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the PDFSearchHQ detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed PDFSearchHQ from your computer and browser.