ProSearchConverter is a browser hijacker. ProSearchConverter redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. ProSearchConverter redirects the browser.
ProSearchConverter is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ProSearchConverter is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by ProSearchConverter are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because ProSearchConverter collects data out of your browser, ProSearchConverter is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ProSearchConverter is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to ProSearchConverter.
- You notice a new ProSearchConverter toolbar in your browser.
- ProSearchConverter might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ProSearchConverter browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to ProSearchConverter and the ProSearchConverter browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ProSearchConverter extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ProSearchConverter extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProSearchConverter” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the ProSearchConverter extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ProSearchConverter extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProSearchConverter” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ProSearchConverter extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ProSearchConverter from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ProSearchConverter add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ProSearchConverter from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ProSearchConverter Search and Remove ProSearchConverter Search.
Do you still have ProSearchConverter in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ProSearchConverter and click Uninstall.
- Follow ProSearchConverter uninstall instructions.
Remove ProSearchConverter with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ProSearchConverter with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ProSearchConverter adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ProSearchConverter with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ProSearchConverter detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ProSearchConverter from your computer and browser.