ProStreamsSearch is a browser hijacker. ProStreamsSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. ProStreamsSearch redirects the browser.
ProStreamsSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ProStreamsSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by ProStreamsSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because ProStreamsSearch collects data out of your browser, ProStreamsSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ProStreamsSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to ProStreamsSearch.
- You notice a new ProStreamsSearch toolbar in your browser.
- ProStreamsSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ProStreamsSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to ProStreamsSearch and the ProStreamsSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ProStreamsSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ProStreamsSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProStreamsSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the ProStreamsSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ProStreamsSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ProStreamsSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ProStreamsSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ProStreamsSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ProStreamsSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ProStreamsSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ProStreamsSearch Search and Remove ProStreamsSearch Search.
Do you still have ProStreamsSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ProStreamsSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow ProStreamsSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove ProStreamsSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing ProStreamsSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
ProStreamsSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove ProStreamsSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the ProStreamsSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed ProStreamsSearch from your computer and browser.