Rapid-find.net is a browser hijacker. Rapid-find.net redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. Rapid Find redirects the browser through Rapid-find.net.
Rapid-find.net is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Rapid Find is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Rapid-find.net are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Rapid-find.net collects data out of your browser, Rapid Find is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Rapid Find is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Rapid-find.net.
- You notice a new Rapid Find toolbar in your browser.
- Rapid Find might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Rapid Find browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Rapid-find.net and the Rapid Find browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Rapid Find extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Remove Rapid Find
Uninstall Rapid Find extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Rapid Find” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove Rapid Find extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Rapid Find extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Rapid Find” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Rapid Find extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Rapid Find from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Rapid Find add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Rapid Find from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Rapid Find Search and Remove Rapid Find Search.
Do you still have Rapid Find in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Rapid Find and click Uninstall.
- Follow Rapid Find uninstall instructions.
Remove Rapid-find.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Rapid-find.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Rapid-find.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Rapid-find.net with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Rapid-find.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Rapid-find.net from your computer and browser.