RecipeSearch is a browser hijacker. RecipeSearch redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. RecipeSearch redirects the browser.
RecipeSearch is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, RecipeSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by RecipeSearch are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because RecipeSearch collects data out of your browser, RecipeSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When RecipeSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to RecipeSearch.
- You notice a new RecipeSearch toolbar in your browser.
- RecipeSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
RecipeSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to RecipeSearch and the RecipeSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the RecipeSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall RecipeSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “RecipeSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the RecipeSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall RecipeSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “RecipeSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the RecipeSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove RecipeSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall RecipeSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove RecipeSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find RecipeSearch Search and Remove RecipeSearch Search.
Do you still have RecipeSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select RecipeSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow RecipeSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove RecipeSearch with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing RecipeSearch with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
RecipeSearch adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove RecipeSearch with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the RecipeSearch detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed RecipeSearch from your computer and browser.